2020 is not even half way through & the world has already witnessed a roller coaster of events, the most significant one being the Corona virus pandemic.
This one virus has created frenzy & panic around the world which might actually be paradoxical as panic & fear weakens the immune system, which right now needs to be boosted in order to stay protected.
Our doctors at The Dental HQ have curated a handy & simple list of all things that boost your “immune system”, your body’s natural defense mechanism which is capable of preventing most diseases.
- 1. The immune system requires a correct proportion of food, activity & rest in order to function to its fullest potential.
- 2. Build your immunity with adequate consumption of fruits like oranges, kiwi, guava, peaches, strawberry, papaya and mangos.
- 3. Green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, carrots, etc combined with spices like garlic, ginger, turmeric, clove have to be regularly eaten to prevent diseases.
- 4. Nuts and seeds — power loaded foods like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, flax seeds, sunflower seeds make up for a great on-the-go snack.
- 5. Water constitutes 70% of our body. So make sure you drink enough water through the day and stay hydrated at all times. Coconut water, fresh juices are also a great option.
- 6. Exercise — it is extremely essential to have enough exposure to sun & fresh air every day, as well as some amount of physical activity to keep the cells well oxygenated.
- 7. Rest — Sleep is the time when the cells of our body repair, regenerate and restore the chemical and physiological balance of the system.
- 8. Last but not the least, a healthy mind gives way to a healthy body. Engage in recreational activities of your choice to keep yourself stress free and relaxed. Yoga, breathing exercises, and meditation have also proven to be beneficial.
- 9. If you think your immunity is weak, it would be a good idea to get your blood and Vitamin levels tested, and then get the same checked by a doctor.
- 10. Oral health is a great indicator of overall general health of the body. If you have been visiting your dentist regularly, they should be able to spot any irregularities or abnormal manifestations in the oral cavity.
Take care, stay safe, & do not panic!
Wishing you great health!